- Attorney and a freelance writer who has written extensively on legal issues and the practice of law
- Attended the University of Alabama School of Law
- Attorney and owner of Pfeifer Law Offices
William L. Pfeifer, Jr. wrote about law for The Balance Small Business from August 2010 to May 2012. Since 1993, Pfeifer has been a trial lawyer and appellate attorney with an emphasis on criminal defense, civil litigation, and family law. His law-related publications include the books "How to Start a Successful Law Practice" and "The Greatest Lawyer Jokes of All Time: A Collection of Humour About Attorneys and the Legal Profession." He has also published articles in bar association journals and legal newsletters on issues related to the practice of law.
Pfeifer's articles on legal, political, and consumer issues have appeared in professional journals, newsletters, newspapers, magazines, and online.
Awards and Honors
- First recipient of Samford University's William M. Lunceford Award for Excellence in Philosophy
- Member of the John A. Campbell Moot Court Board
- Served on the Board of Editors of the Law and Psychology Review
- Inducted into the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
Pfeifer earned a bachelor's degree in religion and philosophy from Samford University in 1989, and a J.D from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1993.
About The Balance Small Business and Dotdash
The Balance Small Business makes launching and managing your own business easy. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on entrepreneurship and management. Whether you’re just starting up or you want to take your company to the next level, The Balance Small Business will answer your questions and turn your business dreams into reality.
The Balance Small Business is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.