The 22 Best Websites for Learning New Skills
Online education tools are completely changing the way we learn. These websites are empowering millions of people from around the world to build their skills, launch businesses, and create meaningful changes in their lives. Here are the top picks for the best websites for learning powerful new skills:
These websites offer thousands of courses from across the spectrum, from art history to photography, to economics, as but a few examples.
- Coursmos: Coursmos features thousands of online courses and educators with tools for creating, sharing, and selling educational content.
- CreativeLive: CreativeLive broadcasts free live classes with the world's top experts in photography, business, design, craft, and audio. Classes are taught by seasoned experts across the creative landscape.
- edX: Join over 16 million learners in highly actionable online classes backed by Harvard, MIT, and other prestigious universities and organizations from around the world.
- Khan Academy: Take free online classes in math, science, art, computer programming, history, economics, as a few examples.
- MIT's OpenCourseWare: Access most of the learning materials used in MIT classes directly through their OpenCourseWare project, free of charge.
- Udemy: Browse from over 80,000 online courses from teachers and experts on development, photography, business, and more.
This website offers users guidance from personal coaches to assist with achieving desired results, personally and professionally.
- Coach.me: Coach.me offers free personal coaching and goal-tracking app with access to over 8,000 personal coaches and a vibrant community that will help you define and achieve your goals.
Here you will find insights on life, creativity, happiness, the economy, health and much more to motivate you to expand your mind and take action.
- HighBrow: Courses can be traditional to outside-the-box. Choose from such topics as “Introduction to Commodities and Commodity Markets,” "How to Edit Photos in Lightroom," "How to Improve Your Memory," to start.
These sites focus on e-learning for career advancement.
- OpenSesame: Choose from a variety of online training courses designed specifically to foster productivity in business.
- Savvy.is: Connect with and learn from industry experts over live one-on-one video consultation sessions.
- Thinkful: Work one-on-one with a personal mentor to create specific job goals, while also building a network of professionals with shared interests.
- Coursera: Choose from over 2,700 online courses that could lead to mastering a specific skill or an online degree.
- General Assembly: Take online classes taught by certified experts that focus on technology, data, design, business, to name a few.
- Lynda: Acquired by LinkedIn in 2015, Lynda features over 6,000 classes in digital marketing, graphic design, IT security and much more.
- SitePoint: Access thousands of video tutorials, online books, and classes for web developers and designers.
- Skillcrush: Learn coding skills from Skillcrush's various immersive three-month courses.
- Skillshare: Gain creative, business, technology skills and more from over 23,000 online courses taught by successful professionals in such areas as business, design and writing.
- Treehouse: With emphasis on coding, the site offers over 300 courses and brings thousands of students together in a supportive online community.
- Udacity: Earn a Nanodegree in web development, building mobile apps, data science and partake of their free online courses to advance your career.