Using QuickBooks Sales Reports
Sales Reports Can Help You Determine Your Best Customers and Profits
The QuickBooks Sales Reports can give you more information on your billing and sales processes. In addition to viewing amounts due from customers, open invoices and average days to pay in the Sales Reports section, you can view sales by customer and by sales representatives. The sales report in this section is useful for determining your largest customers as well as giving you better insights into your sales representatives' performances.
You will find a list of different QuickBooks Sales Reports along with a description of the information contained in the report below.
Sales by Customer
QuickBooks Sales by Customer Reports will give you more information about how much you're selling to each of your customers.
Sales by Customer Summary:
The Sales by Customer Summary Report will tell you what the total sales for each customer as well as the total sales for each job.
Sales by Customer Detail
The Sales by Customer Detail Report is similar to the Customer Sales by Summary report discussed above, except that this detailed report breaks down the sales of each item by each transaction.
Sales by Ship to Address
The Sales by Ship to Address Report displays the sales by the shipping address, including a breakdown of each transaction by ship-to address.
The Pending Sales Report will show you all sales that are in pending status.
The Sales Graph gives you a visual display of sales revenue by time period, customer, item, or sales representative.
Sales by Item
QuickBooks Sales by Item Reports will show you basic and detailed information about how each of your product or services are selling.
Sales by Item Summary
The Sales by Item Summary will tell you how many of each item or service you have sold, the total dollar sales, and the profitability of each product or service.
Sales by Item Detail
The Sales by Item Detail will show you the sales of each item with a detailed listing of each transaction.
Sales by Rep
QuickBooks Sales by Rep Reports will give you better insights into the performance of your sales representatives.
Sales by Rep Summary
The Sales Rep by Summary Report will show you the total sales for each of your sales representatives.
Sales by Rep Detail
The Sales by Rep Detail Report will show you a detailed listing of sales for each of your sales representatives.
Open Sales Orders
QuickBooks Open Sales Orders Reports will give you more information about your small business’s open sales orders.
Open Sales Orders by Customer
The Open Sales Orders by Customer Report will show you the open sales order for each customer or job.
Open Sales Orders by Item
The Open Sales Orders by Item Report will show you the open sales order for each item.
More QuickBooks Reports
All QuickBooks versions have numerous pre-built reports, which includes the following:
- Company & Financial Reports – these financial reports tell you how your company is doing financially.
- Customer & Receivable Reports – these reports tell you how much your customers owe you.
- Sales Reports – these reports give you information about sales reps, sales orders, and pending sales.
- Jobs, Time & Mileage Reports – these reports give you information about your job estimates, including time, the amount spent, and mileage for each job.
- Vendor & Payable Reports – these reports tell you how much money your company owes to its vendors.
- Purchase Reports – these reports give you information about your company’s purchases and its open purchase orders.
- Inventory Reports – these reports give you information about inventory value, stock, and work-in-progress.
- Employees & Payroll Reports – these reports give you information about your employees and payroll expenses.
- Banking Reports – these reports give you information about your banking transactions.
- Accountant & Taxes Reports – these reports give you information about your basic accounting reports and information needed to prepare your income tax return.
- Budgets and Forecast Reports – these reports give you information to compare your actual results to your budgeted amounts.
- Lists Reports – These reports will give you phone, contact, and customer lists that you will find useful.
For most small businesses, you will only use a handful of reports on a regular basis, but you may have unique reporting needs that will require additional information. You should be sure to save any customized reports you make in QuickBooks by using the “memorize” feature in the program so that you do not have to spend time recreating reports from scratch on a regular basis.
QuickBooks is a powerful program for small business owners, so if you take some time to learn these reports, you will get more out of this small business accounting software program.