Using QuickBooks Employee and Payroll Reports
The QuickBooks Employee & Payroll Reports gives you information about your company’s employees and payroll expenses. Specific reports can provide you with a list of your current employees, employee earnings, paid-time-off balances and much more. Below is an overview of the features offered:
- Payroll Summary: The Payroll Summary Report shows you what the accumulated totals for all payroll items on each employee’s paychecks.
- Payroll Item Detail: The Payroll Item Detail Report shows you a breakdown of each recent payroll transaction by a particular payroll item.
- Payroll Detail Review: The Payroll Detail Review Report shows you what values are being used to calculate each payroll items on the employees’ paychecks.
- Payroll Transactions by Payee: The Payroll Transactions by Payee Report tells the net pay of each employee and what checks were cut for the payroll taxes and other payroll-related expenses.
- Payroll Transactions by Detail: The Payroll Transactions by Detail Report gives you a breakdown of all payroll transactions by employee.
- Payroll Liabilities Balances: The Payroll Transactions by Detail Report gives you a breakdown of all payroll transactions by employee.
- Payroll Transactions by Detail: The Payroll Transactions by Detail Report gives you a breakdown of all payroll transactions by employees.
- Payroll Liability Balances: The Payroll Liability Balances Report shows you the payroll taxes that your company owes.
- Payroll Item Listing: The Payroll Item Listing Report gives you the latest information for all the payroll items for your company.
- Employee Earnings Summary: The Employee Earnings Summary Report shows you the total earnings and deductions for each employee.
- Employee State Taxes Detail: The Employee State Taxes Detail gives you the wage and withholding information for state payroll taxes.
QuickBooks Employee Reports gives information about your company’s employees.
- Employee Contact List: The Employee Contact List gives you emergency contact information for each employee.
- New Hire List: The New Hire List will show you what employees were hired within the past month.
- Terminated Employees List: The Terminated Employees List will show you what employees were terminated within the past month.
QuickBooks Workers Compensation Reports gives you information about your workers compensation and related expenses.
- Workers Comp Summary: The Workers Comp Summary Report tells you how much workers compensation insurance your company currently owes.
- Workers Comp by Code & Employee: The Workers Comp by Code & Employee Report tells you how much workers compensation your company owes for each employee.
- Workers Comp by Job: The Workers Comp by Job Report shows you how much your company owes for each job.
- Workers Comp Detail: The Workers Comp Detail Report gives you a detailed listing of all transactions that affect the workers compensation premiums paid.
- Workers Comp Listing: The Workers Comp Listing Report shows you your company’s workers compensation job classification codes and associated rates.
More QuickBooks Reports
As one of the most popular accounting software programs for small businesses, QuickBooks has a comprehensive suite of accounting and financial reports to meet your reporting needs.
QuickBooks has reports in the following areas:
- Company & Financial Reports: these financial reports tell you how your company is doing financially.
- Customer & Receivable Reports: these reports tell you how much your customers owe you.
- Sales Reports: these reports give you information about sales rep, sales orders and pending sales.
- Jobs, Time & Mileage Reports: these reports give you information about your job estimates, including time, amount spent and mileage for each job.
- Vendor & Payable Reports: these reports tell you how much money your company owes to its vendors.
- Purchase Reports: these reports give your information about your company’s purchases and its open purchase orders.
- Inventory Reports: these reports give your information about inventory value, stock, and work-in-progress.
- Banking Reports: these reports give you information about your banking transactions.
- Accountant & Taxes Reports: these reports give you information about your basic accounting reports and information needed to prepare your income tax return.
- Budgets and Forecast Reports: these reports give you information to compare your actual results to your budgeted amounts.
- Lists Reports: these reports will give you phone, contact, and customer lists that you will find useful.
You can also customize these reports or build your own reports within QuickBooks to meet your specific reporting needs.