Examples of Absence Voicemail Greetings
What to Tell People When You're Out of Office
A temporary voicemail greeting is a message or announcement that’s played for callers who call your line when you’re unable to take their call because you’re out of the office for a predetermined amount of time.
These personal messages are especially important if you're out of the office for an extended period of time, whether it be because you're on maternity leave or because you're taking a long vacation.
Most voicemail systems are equipped so that you can set an expiration date and time for these messages in case you forget to turn your outgoing message off when you return.
Temporary Out of the Office Voicemail Greeting Examples:
The following voicemail greeting examples range from the brief and simple to the more detailed. You should choose the one that best suits your job and responsibilities as well as your personality. Before recording your message, you should also make sure to adhere to the basic elements of good voicemail greetings. basic elements of good voicemail greetings.
- Hello, you have reached Jim Smith. I will be out of the office until Wednesday, Aug. 23. Please leave me a message, and I will return your call upon my return. Thank you for calling.
- Hi, this is Jim Smith. I am currently out of town and will be returning on July 14. If you leave me a message that includes your name, telephone number and reason for calling, I will return your call when I get back.
- You have reached Jim Smith. I will be out of the office until Feb. 14. If you would like to leave a message after the tone, I will call you back when I return. If you need immediate assistance, please contact my assistant, Suzy Jones, at extension 6336. Thank you for calling.
- Hello, you have reached the voicemail of Jim Smith. I am currently out of the office and will return on Sept. 14. I will be checking my voicemail messages periodically, so please leave me a message and I will return your call as soon as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please contact my assistant, Suzy Jones at 1-800-555-1212 extension 6336.
- Hi, this is Jim Smith. I will be out of the office and returning Monday, April 21. If this is regarding a recent order, please call our customer service department at 1-800-555-1212. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Alternatively, you can visit our website at xyzcompany.com. Or, you can leave me a message with your name, phone number, and the reason for your call and I will return your call as soon as possible when I return.
- Thank you for calling. You have reached the office of Jim Smith. I am out of town and will return on Monday, Jan. 3. If this is an emergency, please call my answering service at 1-800-555-1212. The answering service is operational 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Alternatively, please leave a detailed message explaining the reason for your call after the sound of the beep and I will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.