The Pros and Cons of Starting a Personal Concierge Service Business
As people in today's society get busier and busier, the idea of having someone to handle your personal errands becomes very attractive. Think about your own schedule at your busiest. Imagine being able to save a few hours a week by hiring someone to run to the cleaners, take your dog to the vet and plan your travel itinerary for your next vacation. Sounds great, doesn't it?
The Pros of Starting a Personal Concierge Service Business
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from starting a personal concierge business:
- You can provide any combination of services you want.
- You don't need any special training or experience.
- You have the ability to form long-term relationships with clients.
- You can grow your business from low-investment marketing activities, such as word-of-mouth referrals.
- You may be able to offer your services on a larger scale to local companies who want to provide concierge services as an employee benefit.
The Cons of Starting a Personal Concierge Service Business
If you start a personal concierge services business, here are some of the potential challenges you may face:
- Luxury services are among the first expenses cut during difficult financial times.
- You may have to deal with demanding clients and a demanding schedule.
- If you are accessing your clients' homes, you should have insurance and/or become bonded to protect yourself from liability.
- You may be busiest during your own busy season, such as holidays.
- You may have to be "on-call" for clients who need last-minute assistance.