- Social innovation architect for General Motors since 2016
- Co-author of two books about doing business online
- Worked independently as a social media strategist from 2002-2016
Scott Allen is a former writer for The Balance who contributed 80 articles in more than six years. As a social innovation architect for General Motors, he seeks ways to utilize social media in business operations. Prior to that, he worked independently as a social media strategist for 14 years, helping clients turn virtual relationships into real business.Awards & Publications
- Co-authored "The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online" in 2005
- Co-authored "The Emergence of The Relationship Economy: The New Order of Things to Come" in 2008
- Bachelor's degree in communications from the University of Texas, 1986
About The Balance Small Business and Dotdash
The Balance Small Business makes launching and managing your own business easy. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on entrepreneurship and management. Whether you’re just starting up or you want to take your company to the next level, The Balance Small Business will answer your questions and turn your business dreams into reality.
The Balance Small Business is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.