Even McDonalds is offering healthier options in their happy meals, including milk instead of soda and apple dippers in lieu of French fries. To help you revamp your own kid's menu, here is a kid-friendly restaurant menu that balances popular kids’ foods with nutritious alternatives that parents will appreciate.
Sandwiches & Finger Foods
Your children's menu doesn't have to be just hot dogs, boxed macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers. Today children (and their parents) have more sophisticated tastes. Millennial parents, in particular, are looking for healthy choices for their kids when they eat out.
• Fresh Fruit with yogurt dip
• Grilled Cheese on wheat bread served with fresh veggies and dip
• Tuna on wheat toast with choice of fresh fruit or fresh veggies
• Peanut Butter & Jelly on wheat bread with choice of fresh veggies or fruit
• Cheeseburger with choice of fries or fresh veggies and dip
Entrees & Salads
• Baked Chicken with gravy, served with mashed potatoes and carrots
• Spaghetti & meatballs with garlic bread
• Homemade Baked Macaroni & Cheese with fresh veggies and dip
• Fresh Tossed Salad with choice of dressing
All meals come with a choice of beverage choice of milk or juice
New Menu Items to Consider
Why not really make your children's menu stand out? How about offering some of these items:
- Green (spinach) smoothie
- Avocado or banana ice cream
Pinterest is replete with healthy kid menu ideas that are easy to make and will keep your food cost in line.