- Chief experience officer for Work Wear Safety Shoes in the Dallas/Fort Worth area
- Former president of Rick Segel & Associates, later rebranded as @hudsonhead
- Author or co-author of three books on retail sales
Matthew Hudson is a former writer for The Balance Small Business who contributed more than 80 articles during a period spanning more than five years. He worked for 26 years in retail sales before taking on the role of president and general manager of Rick Segel & Associates, later rebranded as @hudsonhead, a speaking, writing, and publishing consortium. He is now the chief experience officer for Work Wear Safety Shoes in Dalla/Fort Worth.
Hudson is the author or co-author of three books:
- "The Retails Sales Bible," published in 2011
- "Signs Sell," co-authored with Rick Segel and published in 2014
- "Culturrific! The Roadmap to a Terrific Service Culture," published in 2017
Hudson earned a doctorate in organizational behavior from Northwestern University in 2003. He also has a certificate in training and development from Texas A&M University.
About The Balance Small Business and Dotdash
The Balance Small Business makes launching and managing your own business easy. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on entrepreneurship and management. Whether you’re just starting up or you want to take your company to the next level, The Balance Small Business will answer your questions and turn your business dreams into reality.
The Balance Small Business is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.