There is no better place for an entrepreneur to find words of inspiration on starting a business than the quotable quotes of Walt Disney. Not only did Walt Disney start one of the most famous businesses in the world, but he also created an entirely new theme park niche in the entertainment industry and figured out how to use all of his entertainment creations to drive retail sales. Disney was one of the original retail disruptors.
Walt Disney was also a business leader, a retail merchandising mogul, a pioneer in branding, and a customer relationship expert. Walt Disney was an inspiring entrepreneur of the highest order. Knowing the business philosophies of the founder of the Disney empire is not just a good idea for entrepreneurial success, it should be a fundamental requirement.
So what are the ideas about building a business, entrepreneurship, leadership, and innovation that drove and guided Walt Disney's creative spirit as he set the standards for entrepreneurship and customer service around the world? What follows are the quotable quotations that can be an inspiration for any entrepreneur, retail leader, or any business who wants to start, build, or elevate business to new heights.
Quotable Quotes From Walt Disney, the Founder of The Walt Disney Company:
- “A man should never neglect his family for business.”
- “I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it.”
- “I do not like to repeat successes; I like to go on to other things.”
- “I believe in being an innovator.”
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage."
- “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.”
- “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”
- “All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”
- “Biggest problem? Well, I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life; money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true. From the very start it was a problem; getting the money to open Disneyland. About seventeen million it took. And we had everything mortgaged including my personal insurance.”
- “When we opened Disneyland, a lot of people got the impressions that it was a get-rich-quick thing, but they didn't realize that behind Disneyland was this great organization that I built here at the Studio, and they all got into it and we were doing it because we loved to do it.”
- “You reach a point where you don't work for money.”
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- "Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy, and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
- "When we consider a project, we really study it—not just the surface idea, but everything about it. And when we go into that new project, we believe in it all the way. We have confidence in our ability to do it right. And we work hard to do the best possible job."
- “Of all the things I've done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.”
- “You can design and create and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.”
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
- “It's kind of fun to do the impossible.”