QuickBooks Accounting and Financial Reports
The QuickBooks Purchase Reports gives you information about your small business’s purchases and open purchase orders. In the Purchase Reports section, you will be able to pull reports that will give you your company’s total purchase from each vendor, purchases by item, and much more detailed information about your purchases as well. These reports are useful for analyzing open orders, forecasting cash flows, and estimating inventory levels.
You will find a list of QuickBooks Purchase Reports along with a description of the information contained in the report below.
Purchases by Vendor
QuickBooks Purchases by Vendor gives you information about your company’s total purchases from vendors.
- Purchases by Vendor Summary -- The Purchases by Summary Report tells you the total amount of purchases from each vendor.
- Purchases by Vendor Detail -- The Purchases by Vendor Detail Report tells you the total amount of purchases from each vend broken down by each transaction that makes up the total.
Purchases by Item
QuickBooks Purchases by Item gives you information about each item or service your company purchased.
- Purchases by Item Summary -- The Purchases by Item Summary Report tells how much of each item or service your company has purchased in both quantity and dollar amount.
- Purchases by Item Detail -- The Purchases by Item Summary Report tells how much of each item or service your company has purchased in both quantity and dollar amount and is broken down by each detailed listing of each transaction.
Open Purchase Orders
QuickBooks Open Purchase Orders will give you information about your company’s purchase orders, including vendor, order date, amount, and more.
- Open Purchase Orders -- The Open Purchase Orders Report tells you the vendor name, purchase order number, amount, order date, and the expected delivery date for all your company’s open purchase orders.
- Open Purchase Orders Detail -- The Open Purchase Orders Detail Report tells you orders your company has ordered.
- Open Purchase Orders by Job -- The Open Purchase Orders by Job Report tells you orders your company has ordered for each job.
More QuickBooks Reports
QuickBooks is the most popular small business accounting software program on the market. It is a low-cost accounting solution for most small businesses, and given the cost of the accounting software, it is surprisingly powerful. You will find that the accounting program has more than enough built-in reports to meet your needs. In fact, QuickBooks has reports in the following areas:
- Company & Financial Reports – these financial reports tell you how your company is doing financially.
- Customer & Receivable Reports – these reports tell you how much your customers owe you.
- Sales Reports – these reports give you information about sales rep, sales orders, and pending sales.
- Jobs, Time & Mileage Reports – these reports give you information about your job estimates, including time, the amount spent, and mileage for each job.
- Vendor & Payable Reports – these reports tell you how much money your company owes to its vendors.
- Purchase Reports – these reports give you information about your company’s purchases and its open purchase orders.
- Inventory Reports – these reports give you information about inventory value, stock, and work-in-progress.
- Employees & Payroll Reports – these reports give you information about your employees and payroll expenses.
- Banking Reports – these reports give you information about your banking transactions.
- Accountant & Taxes Reports – these reports give you information about your basic accounting reports and information needed to prepare your income tax return.
- Budgets and Forecast Reports – these reports give you information to compare your actual results to your budgeted amounts.
- Lists Reports – These reports will give you phone, contact, and customer lists that you will find useful.
You will also find that you can fully customize a report if you don't find any reports that meet your business's unique needs.