The QuickBooks Accountant & Tax Reports provides accounting and tax information based your adjusted journal entries, trial balance, fixed asset listing and income tax detail. Here is a list of QuickBooks Accountant & Tax Reports along with a description of the information contained in the report below.
QuickBooks Accountant Only Reports provide information for your accounting personnel.
- Adjusted Trial Balance: The Adjusted Trial Balance Report gives you the trial balance with the balances after all adjusted entries have been posted.
- Adjusting Journal Entries: The Adjusted Journal Entry Report lists all adjusting journal entries that have been posted to your company’s general ledger.
QuickBooks Account Activity reports gives you reports such as your trial balance, general ledger, and audit trail:
- Trial Balance: The Trial Balance Report will give you the ending balance for all accounts.
- General Ledger: The General Ledger Report gives you a list of all the transactions that are posted to all of your accounts, including the beginning and ending balances.
- Transactions Detail by Account: The Transactions Detail by Account Report shows you the recent transactions in your Chart of Accounts.
- Journal: The Journal Report will give you the most recent transactions, with the most recent transactions listed first.
- Audit Trail: The Audit Trail Report will give you the changes that affect your company’s books during a specific date range.
- Closing Date Exception Report: The Closing Date Exception Report will give you the changes that were made after the last closing date but were dated prior to that closing date.
- Voided / Deleted Transactions: The Voided / Deleted Transactions Report gives you a list of the transactions that were either voided or deleted.
- Voided / Deleted Transactions History: The Voided / Deleted Transactions History Report gives you a list of the transactions that were either voided or deleted, along with the historical detail of these transactions.
- Transaction List by Date: The Transaction List by Date Report gives you a list of transactions that were entered on a particular date or during a particular period.
QuickBooks Listing Reports provides information on your accounting lists.
- Account List: The Account List Report gives you the name of each of your company’s accounts, along with the balance for each of the balance sheet accounts.
- Fixed Asset Listing: The Fixed Asset Listing gives you a list of your company’s fixed assets, which includes the date the asset was purchased, description, and the cost of the asset.
QuickBooks Income Tax Reports provide information for preparing your company’s income tax returns.
- Income Tax Preparation: The Income Tax Preparation Report shows you the tax line assigned to each account in your chart of accounts.
- Income Tax Summary: The Income Tax Summary report will tell you what amount your company needs to report on its income tax forms based on the tax line assignments.
- Income Tax Detail: The Income Tax Detail Report shows you what transactions make up each amount on your company’s income tax forms.
More QuickBooks Reports
As one of the most popular accounting software programs for small businesses, QuickBooks has a comprehensive suite of other accounting and financial reports to meet your reporting needs:
- Company & Financial Reports: these financial reports tell you how your company is doing financially.
- Customer & Receivable Reports – these reports tell you how much your customers owe you.
- Sales Reports: these reports give you information about sales rep, sales orders, and pending sales.
- Jobs, Time & Mileage Reports: these reports give you information about your job estimates, including time, the amount spent, and mileage for each job.
- Vendor & Payable Reports: these reports tell you how much money your company owes to its vendors.
- Purchase Reports: these reports give you information about your company’s purchases and its open purchase orders.
- Inventory Reports: these reports give you information about inventory value, stock, and work-in-progress.
- Employees & Payroll Reports: these reports give you information about your employees and payroll expenses.
- Banking Reports: these reports give you information about your banking transactions.
- Budgets and Forecast Reports: these reports give you information to compare your actual results to your budgeted amounts.
- Lists Reports: These reports will give you phone, contact, and customer lists that you will find useful.
You can also customize these reports or build your own reports within QuickBooks to meet specific reporting needs.