Certify is one of the best expense programs available for small-to-medium-size businesses. Because it includes a complete mobile experience, it's great for companies that have employees who travel or work remotely. Other important features include receipt capture from your mobile phone camera, receipt storage, geo-location services and free mobile apps.
Other features Include:
- Easy self-set-up
- Rich online support including aTraining Camp
- Free mobile app for all major platforms
- Mobile receipt scan and autofill
- Automated expense report creation
- The ability to integrate with QuickBooks
Certify offers three tiers -- Certify Now!, Professional and Enterprise. Certify Now, (the most basic plan) starts at $8 per month. There's a free 15-day trial.
Shoeboxed offers a few different methods for entering receipts into their online software. Shoeboxed is great for managing and storing receipts for expense reports, or tax or insurance documentation.
- Ability to scan receipts, or take a snapshot with a digital camera and send them electronically to Shoeboxed.
- Create online contact lists exportable to CRM and email marketing tools.
- Send expense reports with receipt images from anywhere.
- Track mileage via your phone's built-in GPS
- Help with IRS-accepted receipt images so you can get ready for tax season
- Option to send expense reports with receipt images, from anywhere.
- Ability to integrate with most accounting programs, including Quicken, Evernote and GoDaddy
There are three different Shoeboxed plans available, starting at $9.95 per month. It comes with a free 30-day trial.
Expensify's tagline ("Expense reports that don't suck!") translates to an easy-to-use interface that makes it possible to create and submit an expense report without doing much work on your own. Expensify imports expenses and receipts directly when you use a credit card, or your mobile phone to scan receipts. Compatible with an iPhone, Android, webOS or Blackberry, the system submits expense reports via email and handles online reimbursements with QuickBooks and direct deposit.
- Option to import expenses from your credit card or bank
- Ability to automatically import expenses incurred on either a personal or business credit card
- A free mobile app on all platforms
- Unlimited expense reports and receipt upload
- Unlimited invoicing
- Automatic global currency conversion
Expensify works with Freshbooks and just about any other accounting software and costs more for the higher pay tiers.
Expensify offers varied plans starting at just $5 per month and comes with a free 30-day trial.
This all-inclusive expense tracking and reporting app for business or personal use is a great choice for iPhone users.
- Ability to sort expenses by date, category, payment type or client
- A running total in your default currency
- Option to email your expenses
- Feature that exports expenses directly to your desktop PC or Mac
- Built-in backup feature
- Ability to download currency exchange rates from the Internet
XpenseTracker is available in the iTunes Store for $4.95. A version with additional business-friendly features is available for $6.95.
Online Expense Report and Receipt Organizing Software
Keep Receipts Organized for Expense Reporting, Taxes or Insurance
There are many expense report software programs available that will make your life easier and help you get your finances in order. Below are the best online software apps for organizing receipts and creating finely-tuned expense reports. Get organized with the save receipt images online that allows you to create expense reports quickly from any place on the planet with an Internet connection.