Busy Voicemail Greeting Examples
When you work in a business, customers, employees or other business-related individuals may try to get in touch with you by phone. Having a professional voicemail greeting when you can’t answer calls directly can set the right tone for your business and inform callers when they can expect their call to be returned.
Examples of Good Business Voicemail Messages
- Hello, this is Jim Smith. I am currently on the phone servicing another client. If you would please leave me a message that includes your name and telephone number, I will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you for calling.
If you have an assistant that can help callers with some tasks, or who can locate you if a call is urgent, include your assistant's contact details in your greeting:
- You have reached Jim Smith. I am currently on the phone with another caller. If you would like to leave a message after the tone, I will call you back when I am able. If you need immediate assistance, please contact my assistant, Suzy Jones, at extension 6336. Thank you for calling.
If your business has a busy season and you'd like to let customers know that they’re important and it may take you longer to return their call, you can add that into your greeting as follows:
- Hello, you have reached the voicemail of Jim Smith. I am currently on the phone right now and unable to take your call. This is the beginning of the new year, so call volume is very heavy. I appreciate your patience during this busy time. Please leave me a message, and I will return your call as soon as possible. If you need additional assistance, please call my assistant, Suzy Jones at 1-800-555-1212 extension 6336.
Sometimes customers don't realize they have other options to get answers for an order or other issues. You can include information in your greeting to redirect them to someone else who can help them:
- Hi, this is Jim Smith. I am currently on the phone with another caller. If this is regarding a recent order, please call our customer service department at 1-800-555-1212. They are available Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Or, you can log in to our website that is available 24 hours a day. Otherwise, please leave a message and I will return your call promptly.
- If you work in a business that requires you to be immediately available in the event of an emergency, tell callers how they can get in touch with you should they need to speak with you immediately.
- Thank you for calling. You have reached the office of Jim Smith. Currently, I am speaking with another caller. If this is an emergency, please press "star" and then "zero" to be transferred to the operator who will page me. Otherwise, please leave a detailed message, and I will return your call when I am available. Thank you.