Nathan has been working in the travel and outdoor industry for more than 15 years as a writer, photographer, editor, and product manager. His personal passions gravitate toward skiing, scuba diving, hiking, backpacking, trail running, biking, and perfecting the après adventures that follow such exploits, which has also let him develop a keen passion for spirits, beer, and wine—another topic that he covers for a variety of publications.
- Nathan's work has appeared in such publications as National Geographic Traveler, The Washington Post, Outside, Backpacker, USA Today, and Paste Magazine
- He co-authored a guidebook to his home town of Washington, D.C.
- His travels have taken him to South and Central America, Canada, South and Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Europe, the Caribbean, Mexico and all over the continental United States
Nathan's work has appeared in numerous publications including National Geographic Traveler, The Washington Post, Outside, Backpacker, USA Today, and Paste Magazine, among many others. He co-authored a guidebook to his home town of Washington, DC, and has also worked with Orbitz, AOL, AARP, and National Geographic Expeditions on various travel-related projects.
He holds an MFA in Writing from American University and studied abroad at Charles University in Prague.
The Balance work:
- The 8 Best Carry-On Business Luggage Pieces of 2019
- The 7 Best Work Tote Bags of 2019
- The 7 Best Padfolios of 2019
About The Balance Small Business and Dotdash
The Balance Small Business makes launching and managing your own business easy. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on entrepreneurship and management. Whether you’re just starting up or you want to take your company to the next level, The Balance Small Business will answer your questions and turn your business dreams into reality.
The Balance Small Business is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.