- Founder and president of Global Trade Source, Ltd.
- Author of three books on exporting
- Honored as SBA's Illinois Exporter of the Year
- Adjunct professor at Loyola University
Laurel Delaney is a former writer for The Balance and contributed 88 articles in nearly six years. She serves as president of Global Trade Source, Ltd., which she founded in 1985. She is a board member of the World Entrepreneurship Forum and a member of the International Council for Small Business. She serves as the Chicago chapter chair for the Women Presidents’ Organization.
Delaney also has served as an adjunct professor of M.B.A. International Marketing at Loyola University Chicago.
Awards & Publications
Delaney was named Illinois Exporter of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
She has written three books:
- "Start and Run a Profitable Exporting Business," published in 1998
- "Exporting: The Definitive Guide to Selling Abroad Profitably, published in 2013
- "Exporting Essentials: Selling Products and Services to the World Successfully, published in 2014
Delaney holds a Master of Business Administration from the Lake Forest Graduate School of Management.
About The Balance Small Business and Dotdash
The Balance Small Business makes launching and managing your own business easy. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on entrepreneurship and management. Whether you’re just starting up or you want to take your company to the next level, The Balance Small Business will answer your questions and turn your business dreams into reality.
The Balance Small Business is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.