Kitchen Countertop Trends and Ideas on Home Construction
Every kitchen needs a focal point, and that point normally is the countertop area. Granite has been a long-time favorite in upscale kitchens. New materials, however, are being used on kitchen countertops combining floor, wall decoration, and appliances as part of the upscale solution to trendy kitchens.
Glass Kitchen Countertops
Glass countertops are actually one of the hottest trends in kitchen designs. Tempered glass countertops offer a sophisticated look that is very easy to clean while providing a durable surface available in a wide variety of colors. Among the benefits included is that the glass can be made of recycled glass, scratch, stain and heat resistant.
Nanotech Material Countertops
Countertops can be made of different combinations and nanotech materials are here to stay. These type of materials can offer a hygienic and safe surface that prevents dirt, germs, and oils from accumulating. The material can also self-heal when heat or friction is applied over it.
Wood countertop will add warmth and style to your kitchen. One of the most important trends is to combine the countertop with the cabinetry creating a minimalist and warm look. It can also be combined almost with any other material. Wood can be treated so it becomes waterproof, heat and stain proof providing a very durable and natural surface. It is available in many different colors, shapes, species and is also a natural product.
Ceramic countertops are one of the most durable and hard surfaces for kitchen countertops as they are scratch-resistant, very easy to clean while providing a cool surface. It is also heat resistant and is available in different thickness.
A longtime favorite, tile countertops are still hot in the kitchen trends. It offers a unique way of combining different tiles creating patterns and colors that can be used with almost any type of cabinetry. Tile countertops offer many benefits when compared to other materials. Tile can be customized to match different shapes and sizes, heat and stain resistant. The most important part is that tiles can be easily replaced or removed.
Stainless Steel Countertops
The favorite among chefs and restaurants, stainless steel countertops can offer a great twist in almost all kitchens. These type of countertop can offer ultra-heat resistant surfaces, easy to clean and non-staining surfaces. One of the most important advantages is that does not harbor bacteria but can damage knives. Stainless steel countertops are cut to spec surfaces that can be used in almost any kitchen design. When you need something sleek with a shiny modern look to it, look no further than stainless countertops
There are always the traditional yet elegant granite, quartz and composite materials that can be used as best kitchen countertops.
Other Design Considerations
When planning or designing the type of kitchen and countertop to be used always remember to keep these additional things in mind:
- Please remember that textures can add a twist to your kitchen as a more modern one
- The trend in kitchen design is to have open floor plan spaces, so avoid any obstructions during your planning process
- The thinner the countertop the more trendy it will look but be careful some of these surfaces will not be as strong as they can be when using thinner sections
- It is very popular to have two sinks in your kitchen one a regular one and the other for fruits and veggies so make sure to add that extra space
- Kitchen islands allow for a nice transition into other areas of the house
- Neutral colors are still very popular and will always be. Black and white kitchens are always eye-appealing so make sure to combine them with the right countertop.
- Add color to your kitchen by combining a backsplash, painted cabinet doors, appliances and other small appliance that can be installed as part of your kitchen cabinetry.