Janet Hunt - The Balance SMS
- Janet Hunt has been working in and writing about the insurance industry for over 20 years.
- Her career has spanned from customer service and personal lines of insurance to covering insurance industry trends and reviewing insurance companies.
- Janet was the Insurance Companies Expert for The Balance (and prior to that, About.com) from 2012 to 2020.
- She has written insurance articles for a number of online publications including The Houston Chronicle.
- Janet received her Property and Casualty license from the Insurance Specialty Training Institute of Louisiana.
Janet began her career at a local GEICO branch as a customer service representative, selling personal lines insurance. She now focuses on covering insurance industry news, researching and reviewing insurance companies, and writing about other insurance industry topics. In addition to her work for The Balance, Janet has written insurance articles for a number of top online publications, including The Houston Chronicle.
Janet received her Property and Casualty license in 1995 after attending Insurance Specialty Training Institute of Louisiana. She also has a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Phoenix, and she keeps on top of the latest insurance industry news, trends, and regulations through continuing education classes about insurance.