Internal Voice Mail Greeting Examples
Examples for creating effective voice mail greetings for internal callers
An internal voicemail greeting is used to greet people who call you from within your own company, such as from another extension within your company and its internal phone system. While external voicemail greetings are essential because they go out to customers, clients, vendors, and others having a professional and informative internal voicemail greeting is also important.
Because internal voice mail greetings go out to those who are part of your company, you don't have to state the company's name, website address, slogan or other general company information the caller will already know. However, it is important to make sure you always adhere to the basic elements of good voicemail greetings.
Important Elements of a Voice Mail Message
Your voicemail messages, whether internal or external, will generally have most of these essential elements:
- An initial greeting
- A statement that you are unable to take the call
- An invitation for the caller to leave a message
- An estimate of when you will return their call
- An alternative means of contacting you (e.g., mobile phone, email), or another person they can contact in your stead
Remember to keep your voicemail greetings short, and to update them regularly.
Examples of Internal Voice Mail Greetings
Here are a few good internal voice mail greeting examples:
- Hello. You've reached Jim Bucki in Operations Technology. Unfortunately, I cannot take your call right now. I'd like to return your call later, so please leave me a message after the beep.
- Hi. This is Jim Bucki in Operations Technology. I can't answer the phone right now, but if you leave a message with your name and phone number, I will return your call as soon as possible.
- You have reached Jim Bucki in Operations Technology. I can't take your call right now, but please leave a message after the tone. I will return your call as soon as I am able. If you need immediate assistance, please contact my secretary, Susan Smith, at extension 6338. Thank you for calling and have a good day.
- This is Jim Bucki in Operations Technology. Unfortunately, I can't take your call right now. If you leave me a message and include your name and telephone number, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. You may also contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for calling.
- Hello. You've reached Jim Bucki. I cannot answer the phone right now, but I'll return your call as soon as I can. If this call is regarding a problem with the system, please call our support desk at extension 6375. They're available 24-hours a day. Otherwise please leave me a message after the beep.
- You have reached the office of Jim Bucki in Operations Technology. I'm either on another line, or I am away from my desk. If this is an emergency, please call my cell phone at 1-800-555-1212, 24-hours a day. Otherwise, please leave a detailed, confidential message after the tone and I will return your call when I am available. Thank you.
Read more about effective voicemail greetings: