Fun Quotes About Valentine's Day Shopping
Valentine's Day is less about love and more about the business of love for many people, particularly in the U.S. retail industry. Valentine's Day shopping and giving Valentine's Day gifts and cards is the fun of the holiday for many people, which is a good thing for the largest U.S. retail chains. The commercialism of Valentine's Day is what many famous people like to poke fun at.
What follows are funny and fun quotations about Valentine's Day shopping and the business and commercialism of love.
These quotable quotes about spending, shopping, buying gifts and buying love for Valentine's Day provide a light-hearted view of the hearts, flowers, chocolates and all the common Valentine's Day traditions.
These funny Valentine's Day quotes are arranged from funny to funniest. Read them all to see if you agree and share your favorites. Then click the links at the bottom of the page for more fun and funny quotable quotes.
Funny and Fun Quotations About Valentine's Day Shopping
- "Waiting until the last minute to buy a Valentines Day gift gives the unmarried sweethearts the opportunity to change the recipient of their affection. Retailers need to carry more light-hearted items that don't put too much love pressure on a couple." - Marc Joseph
- "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles M. Schulz
- "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known." - Walt Disney
- "What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork." - Pearl Bailey
- "Valentine's Day is a sham created by card companies to reinforce and exploit gender stereotypes" - Liz Lemon character (Tina Fey)
- "Nothing says 'You're special' like a mass-produced sentiment written by someone else." - Author Unkown
- "Today is Valentine's Day. Or, as men like to call it, Extortion day." - Jay Leno
- “The ones that don't want to be very committed buy watches for Valentine's Day.” - Lucia Shook quotes
- "It's better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week." - Laurence J. Peter
- "Happy unimaginative, consumerist-oriented and entirely arbitrary, manipulative and shallow interpretation of romance day." - Author unknown
- "Valentine's Day is not a holiday, Rosh Hashanah, that's a holiday, Memorial Day, yes a holiday ... you know who invented Valentine's Day?... Hersheys and Hallmark." - Sandy Cohen character (Peter Gallagher, The O.C.)
- "Valentine's Day is often times a, well it is a manufactured day that really doesn't mean anything." - Jon Stewart
- "I have a dream, and a plan, to combine the commercial possibilities of Valentine's Day with the substance and meaning of black history month. I call it: Blackentine's Day." - Mo Rocca
- "Valentine's Day is like herpes: just when you think it's gone for good, it rears its ugly head once more. No wonder some people prefer to call it VD." - Author Unknown
- "Look, there's no metaphysics on earth like chocolates." - Fernando Pessoa
- "Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position." - Christopher Marlowe
- “I feel bad for people who die on Valentine's Day. How much would flowers cost then, ten grand?” - Jay Leno
- "If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?" - Lily Tomlin
- "Ever have that one friend who gets a Valentine's Day gift for their mother? Doesn't that freak you out a little? It's like, 'I don't know how to break this to you but I think she's with your dad!'" -Russ Meneve
- "It goes Christmas, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day. Is that fair to anyone who's alone? These are all days you gotta be with someone. And if you didn't get around to killing yourself at Christmas or New Year's, boom! There's Valentine's Day. I think there should be one more after Valentine's Day just called, 'Who could love you?'" - Laura Kightlinger