eBay Toolbar Download: How It's Done
Google and Firefox Downloads and the eBay Toolbar
These days everyone is on the go. eBay puts a world of buying and selling right at your fingertips, but if you’ve ever thought it would be great to have even quicker, more direct access to eBay at times, these tools might be just what you’re looking for. All of them integrate with your browser, and all of them make eBaying that much quicker.
eBay Buttons for Google Toolbar
Whether you’re using Internet Explorer or Firefox, if you’re using the Google Toolbar in your browser, you can augment by adding an eBay button to it. To add an eBay button, visit Google Toolbar's list of eBay buttons and select one that has the functionality that you want, or visit eBay's buying tools page and click on the "eBay on Google Toolbar" link. After installing the eBay version of the button, you’ll gain:
- An eBay icon on the toolbar that will connect you to eBay’s front page instantly if no search term is typed into the Google search box on the toolbar.
- The ability to search eBay instantly by typing the item(s) you’re shopping for into the search box on the toolbar, then clicking the eBay icon.
Firefox Companion for eBay (Firefox)
If you’re a Firefox user and want the quickest, deepest access to eBay possible, things get even better with the Firefox Companion for eBay, which ties your browser even more closely to eBay. Visit the Firefox Companion for eBay website to download and install the companion. After installing the companion, you’ll gain:
- An eBay icon on your main toolbar with quick drop-down menu access (click on the small down arrow to the right of the icon) to eBay’s home page, shopping categories, selling form, your My eBay pages, and eBay community tools.
- An entire eBay sidebar (click on the icon itself to open the sidebar) providing a host of functions without having to visit the eBay website or load eBay pages:
- An eBay search box a the top of the sidebar that helps you to perform instant eBay searches.
- A list of item summary boxes, with images, showing all your current and past buying, bidding, monitoring listings, and selling activity, item by item, with current prices and statuses.
- Quick access buttons in each summary box to enable you to perform the “next step” for the item in question—whether the next step is to place a bid, buy it now, or mark a sold item as sent.
- The ability to use a drop-down list at the top of the sidebar to sort the list of summary boxes by status and type.
- Right-click abilities for each item summary box providing quick links for viewing the feedback of the item’s buyer or seller, ask your trading partner a question, see a seller’s other auctions, visit the item listing in question, or sell a similar item.
- A summary, near the bottom of the sidebar, of the number of messages currently waiting in your eBay mailbox, along with a quick link to visit them.
Tools, tools, tools!
Whatever your eBay use habits, these browser tools will enhance your eBay lifestyle and integrate well with the other eBay tools that you use on a day-to-day basis, whether as an eBay buyer or as an eBay seller.