- Degree in Writing from LIU
- Has written for the Balance since May 2020
Dawn is a writer, editor, and finance expert. She has over 20 years experience with insurance, finance, credit cards, real estate, and technology, and excels at doing in-depth research so that consumers can make the best financial decisions. Her work has been published by industry-leading outlets, including Forbes and MSN. Active in the Long Island business community, she serves as a marketing consultant for The DBL Center, a wholesale general insurance agency, and has consulted for firms such as GerberLife and Allstate.
In addition to her work with The Balance, Dawn is a regular contributor to commercial real estate portal LoopNET and other real estate investment websites. She has also covered mortgages, savings, and loans for the award-winning Chase News & Stories portal, as well as American Express. Her insights have also been featured on sites like Bankrate, The Points Guy, Lending Tree, MagnifyMoney, and Mint.com.
When she’s not sharing financial tips, she runs Geek Travel Guide, a travel and technology website, and loves bicycling with her family.
Degree in Writing from Long Island University, Southampton
- Are Your Clients Ready for Tax Time? The DBL Center
- What Are the Tax Implications of Crowdfunded Real Estate Investing? Motley Fool: MillionAcres
- Four Homeowners Insurance Endorsements that Could Be a Waste of Money Coastal Insurance